What are peptides? Peptides are strings of amino acids found in almost every human cell that make up protein in the body, as well as provide biological messaging to help the body function. Peptides are essential to skin structure and function, as they are key building blocks for collagen, elastin fibers and optimal skin health. When infused into skincare, this superstar ingredient can help decrease fine lines and wrinkles, reduce inflammation and make skin appear firmer... Hello, youthful skin!!
What are the benefits of using skincare with peptides?
Peptides are a powerhouse of amino acids that help boost collagen production, build firm and plump skin, repair damage and improve skin barrier, resulting in a more radiant appearance.
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles. Peptides can stimulate skin to increase collagen production, while providing anti-aging benefits that reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Decrease inflammation in the skin. Peptides have anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritation and redness.
- Increase skin firmness. While peptides can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, they also help skin feel firmer.
What skincare product delivers peptides best?
When it comes to applying peptides to your skin, opt for a product that soaks into the skin and allows the peptides to penetrate skin, like a moisturizer or serum. Peptides work well with other skincare ingredients like vitamin C or hyaluronic acid, so they're easily incorporated into your existing skincare routine. Since the body makes peptides naturally, they are tolerated well by most skin types. GoodJanes H2O My God Water Cream Moisturizer | Oh. My. God. This heavenly water cream moisturizer is formulated with collagen peptides, apple plant stem cells and rich botanical ingredients to help repair, protect, soothe and brighten the skin.
- Peptides – A powerhouse of amino acids that help boost collagen production, build firm and plump skin, repair damage and improve skin barrier, resulting in a more radiant appearance.
- Vitamin C – An intense antioxidant that evens out skin tone, improves hydration, reduces redness, protects from sun damage and helps defend against the signs of aging.
- Daisy + Rose Extract – Rose cleanses skin to reduce blemishes, soothe irritation and minimize redness, while daisy aids in the repair of dark spots.
- Licorice Extract – A naturally beneficial root extract that repairs hyperpigmentation and inflammation on sensitive and damaged skin.
- Apple Stem Cells – Derived from a rare apple tree, these plant stem cells help increase skin’s stem cell production, resulting in a more rejuvenated appearance with less fine lines and wrinkles.