A foundation of food that is good for your skin is simple when you learn what foods have the most benefits. Skin is a reflection of many elements... From nutrition to skincare routines, and genetics to environment, these elements influence the health of our skin. While adding vitamin and nutrient rich vegan foods is unlikely to transform us into super models, these six vegan foods can improve overall skin health and give skin a youthful glow.
6 Vegan Foods That Are Good For Skin
- Tomatoes | Tomatoes are rich in the antioxidant lycopene that boasts anti-aging properties and acts like a natural sunscreen. The acidic nature of tomatoes helps tighten pores and prevent breakouts.
- Sweet Potatoes | Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins A and C. This orange root vegetable can help fight acne-causing bacteria, improve skin tone, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and heal skin.
- Spinach | Spinach contains vitamins A, C and K that work together to help enhance skin radiance, heal from cars and sun damage, fortify the natural skin barrier and reduce the risk of developing skin tumors.
- Dark Chocolate | Dark chocolate is full of anti-aging antioxidants called flavonoids, and has also been shown to prevent cancer and heart disease.
- Walnuts | Walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that help lock moisture and nutrients into the skin. They also contain a rare and powerful antioxidant that makes skin appear smooth and glowing.
- Carrots | Carrots are high in beta carotene and a must have for healthy skin. Not only do they make skin glow, they also fight wrinkles and have been shown to protect sensitive skin from sunburns.