Maybe you hit snooze three times too many. Maybe you slept through your alarm or it never even went off. Or maybe your plans have changed and you need to throw on a full face of makeup in under ten minutes. We’ve all been there before. It seems impossible, doesn’t it?
Well, we’re about to make the impossible possible with these quick tips to get full coverage without a full-time commitment.
1. BB Ready at The Drop of a Dime BB creams, or tinted moisturizers, have skyrocketed to fame due to the fact that they provide a one-two punch of moisture and makeup all in one product. Start by applying it in the center of your face (chin, nose, and forehead) and smoothing it out to cover the rest of your face. Build up product in areas you want to cover.
*pro tip: don’t have a BB cream stashed away in your makeup arsenal? Make your own on the fly by combining your moisturizer with a liquid foundation. A dime-sized dot of each mixed together is a good base to start with, but play with the right ratio for your needs.
2. Conceal the Evidence No need to break out any tools for this one, just use your ring finger to pat your concealer underneath your eyes. Got blemishes you need to cover? Switch to a dabbing motion to conceal them.
*Pro tip: Did you know your ring finger is the weakest finger? Although it may feel funny, it’s gentler to apply makeup to delicate areas like underneath the eyes with your ring finger than any other finger.
3. Shine Bright Like a Diamond When you don’t get enough sleep, your skill can look dull. Brighten it up with a powder highlighter, but since you’re still on a time-crunch, only focus of these three places: underneath the brow bone, the inner corner of the eye, and the top of the cheekbone.
*Pro tip: if your skin is fair, use a frosty-white shade. If your skin has a warmer, golden tone to it, use a rosé or pink champagne shade. If your skin is dark, reach for a pale or rose gold shade.
4. Line Up Brighten up your eyes with a quick swipe of your favorite eyeliner.
*Pro tip: even if you’re a liquid liner wizard, a pencil eyeliner does apply faster, and you can smudge it up a bit so it doesn’t look so perfectly applied.
5. Lengthen Your Lashes When you’re strapped for time, all you really need to focus on is accentuating the upper lashline.
6. Warm Up A quick swirl of blush is all you need to add some warmth to your face when you’re racing against the clock. Start at the apples of your cheeks and quickly blend your brush out toward your temples to get a natural look.
7. Lip Service If you absolutely need to leave the house with some color on your lips, by all means, finish off your look with your favorite neutral tone, but a quick swipe of chapstick (tinted or regular) can be a real time saver!
And there you have it! A quick ten-minute face that will definitely disguise the fact that you caught a few extra Z’s this morning! Now if we could only get out of that drive-thru line at Starbucks in under ten minutes, that would be great!